will perform at Official opening of Trails, Tales and Tunes 2014.
Sultans of String is an instrumental music group based in Toronto, Ontario, combining elements of Spanish flamenco, Arabic folk, Cuban rhythms, and French Manouche Gypsy-jazz. The group’s leader, Chris McKhool, a well-known Canadian musician, has received numerous awards for his work. Recent Awards include:
- 2013 Folk Music Ontario– Songs of the Heart Winner
- 2013 Festivals & Events–Performer of The Year
- 2013 Queen’s Diamond Jubilee Medal for bandleader Chris McKhool
- 2013 SiriusXM Canadian Indie Awards Nominee—World Group of the Year
Friday, 16 May, Official Opening—7:30 pm
Sunday, 18 May Bontours Cruise—11:00 am
Sunday, 18 May Town Hall—8:00 pm
The attending performers are:
- Chris McKhool – six-stringed violin
- Kevin Laliberté – flamenco guitar
- Drew Birston – bass
Click the logo below to go to the festival website.